With over 20 years of experience helping women through the menopause, Kathy Abernethy can help you understand what is normal, explain the changes which are occurring and advise you on steps you can take to make life easier at this sometimes difficult time.
Kathy has a wealth of clinical experience with HRT but also understands that some women either can’t use HRT or choose not to to. She offers practical, personal advice by telephone. Her advice aims to complement but not replace that of your own doctor.
- MSc in Reproductive Women’s Health
- 20+ years working to support women at all stages of menopause, including young women and those with cancer.
- Appeared in Woman’s Weekly, Now, Essentials, Saga and Yours magazines
- Leading member of British Menopause Society since its inception in 1990
- Appointed chair of the British Menopause Society from July 2017, succeeding Dr Heather Currie
In her own words
Back to Telephone advisory service details
“The menopause is a natural event, but for many women it represents a time of hormonal upheaval and uncomfortable symptoms. Many welcome the opportunity to discuss therapy options and ways of managing their menopause – with or without hormones. If you have any questions or concerns and need advice about the menopause – whatever it may be – I am at the end of the phone to discuss this with you. Maybe you just want to know ‘Is this normal?’.
“I write and speak regularly on the topic of menopause. I’m also author of a practical textbook for nurses on menopause and HRT, as well as numerous articles for women themselves.
“I have worked in the field of menopause as a Specialist Nurse for many years and know that women really appreciate the opportunity to just ask what is happening and how long it might last.
“I’m here to help you – and I look forward to your call.”