|This meeting endeavours to provide answers to the most commonly asked and most difficult questions in the management of post reproductive health.|
Nationally and internationally recognised speakers will cover controversial questions in important areas such as:
- Pathophysiology of the menopause
- Risks of hormone dependent malignancies
- Cardiovascular diseases, osteoporosis and cognitive problems
- Premature ovarian insufficiency: diagnosis and management
- Lifestyle, complementary therapies, HRT and alternatives for managing the menopause
The meeting is suitable for the theoretical component of the RCOG/BMS Menopause Advanced Training Skills Module (ATSM) and the BMS Principles & Practice of Menopause Care (PPMC) training programme.
Case studies and breakout workshops will be used to illustrate management principles and develop care pathways for routine and complex menopause related problems.
- Recognise the ways in which the menopause can affect quality of life and long term health
- Target investigations according to each clinical scenario
- Individualise hormonal and alternative therapeutic regimens that best suit your patient
- Manage patients with menopause related problems confidently
- Identify and fully comprehend key research in the field of post-reproductive Health
- Claim a maximum of 13 CPD credits for full attendance at the meeting